Thursday 12 December 2013

Review: Endless by Amanda Grey

 
18157967

Author: Amanda Gray
Pages: 384 pages
Release Date: October 8th, 2013
Publisher: Month9Books
Recieved From: NetGalley
Edition: Ebook

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Jenny Kramer knows she isn't normal. After all, not everybody can see the past lives of people around them.

When she befriends Ben Daulton, resident new boy, the pair stumble on an old music box with instructions for “mesmerization” and discover they may have more in common than they thought. Like a past life.

Using the instructions in the music box, Ben and Jenny share a dream that transports them to Romanov Russia and leads them to believe they have been there together before. But they weren't alone. Nikolai, the mysterious young man Jenny has been seeing in her own dreams was there, too. When Nikolai appears next door, Jenny is forced to acknowledge that he has travelled through time and space to find her. Doing so means he has defied the laws of time, and the Order, an ominous organization tasked with keeping people in the correct time, is determined to send him back.

While Ben, Jenny and Nikolai race against the clock - and the Order - Jenny and Nikolai discover a link that joins them in life - and beyond death.


**********
 
There are only three ways to describe this book: fast-paced, action packed, and beautifully written.
 
Endless is about a girl named Jenny who leads a normal life- except for the fact she can see a person's memories. She hides it from the world, until she and her friend, Tiffany, take part in a seance and she learns that knowning other people's memories are the least of her worries. She starts to have dreams about a man, and slowly, he isn't a dream any longer... Thankfully, Jenny has her friend Tiffany, and Ben, the son of her father's newest client to help her figure everything out.
 
I chose to read Endless because I am a HUGE history freak, and Time-Travel and the whole notion of reincarnation have always been intersting for me (it's why I love Doctor Who so much, and why Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn is one of my all-time favourite books).
 
I loved how Amanda wove the story of Jenny, Nikolai and Ben together from both the present and the past- it worked beautifully, and kept the plot interesting. I loved how there was so much going on with the characters, but I just didn't like how we didn't get much world-building.
 
We got to see a lot of pre-revolutionary Russia (since the three main characters ARE from that time), but we didn't get a chance to really know the Order, Jenny's mom (I'm pretty sure we never learn her name), and Time-travelling. Yes, we got a lot of information about all of that from Nikolai, Jenny's mom's friend and such, but I felt like half the time, it was just there. Yes, it made the story good; yes, it made the characters have a connection. But the majority of the time, I felt like it wasn't brought up enough times nor was it developed the way I wanted it to be. I felt like it was just overshadowed by the romance half the time (not that it's a bad thing or anything).
 
Regardless, the book was amazing! I enjoyed it alot! The BIG problem I had? THE LOOSE ENDS! The story ends with a good resolution, but there is SO MUCH MORE story to be told! After I finished I was really happy, but then got really sad since I couldn't find a sequel anywhere!
 
I want to know more! I want to read more!
 
 ***********************
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars!
***********************

No comments:

Post a Comment