Monday 4 November 2013

Blogger Life: Book Haul (#5)

Hey guys! Hope you're having a wonderful Monday!

So today, I was fortunate enough not to have any homework! YAY! Which means, I can finish Incarceron & Chosen tonight AND still have time to write!

I also got these two awesome books to add onto my VERY long reading pile:


I got Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor and....


THE BEAUTIFUL AND THE CURSED! FINALLLLYYY! I put this book on hold in SEPTEMBER and just got it on Saturday! I'm also the first person to read the book :) Which makes me very happy! 

I also got these awesome e-books as well!

This one was actually for free and I have yet to start reading it. Someone recommended this to me on Goodreads, and after reading the synopsis, I just had to get it!

Synopsis: Even being dead isn’t enough to get you out of maths class.

Dying wasn’t on sixteen-year-old Riley Richardson’s to-do list. And now, not only is she dead, but she’s stuck in a perpetual high school nightmare. Worse still, she’s stuck there with the geekiest, most annoying boy in the history of the world, ever.

In a school where the geeks are popular and just about everything is wrong, Riley has become an outcast. She begins a desperate quest to get back home, but her once-perfect life starts to unravel into something not nearly as great as she thought it was. And maybe death isn’t really that bad after all…

Welcome to Afterlife Academy, where horns are the norm, the microwave is more intelligent than the teachers, and the pumpkins have a taste for blood.



I actually got this on NetGalley and fell in LOVE with the cover, but I have no idea why it won't appear on my Kindle :( What sold me was the way they spelled the characters name! :D

Synopsis: Allison O'Malley's plan is to go to grad school so she can get a good job and take care of her schizophrenic mother. She has carefully closed herself off from everything else, including a relationship with Ethan, who she's been in love with for as long as she can remember.

What is definitely not part of the plan is the return of her long-lost father, who claims he can bring Allison's mother back from the dark place her mind has gone. Allison doesn't trust her father, so why would she believe his stories about a long forgotten Irish people, the Tuatha de Danaan? But truths have a way of revealing themselves. Secrets will eventually surface. And Allison must learn to set aside her plan and work with her father if there is even a small chance it could restore her mother's sanity.

This is actually one that I've actually started, along with Cracked. It's taking me forever to read them because I have library books to read and return, and other things in the way! But isn't the cover just so pretty? The synopsis is even more amazing!

Synopsis: Jenny Kramer knows she isn't normal. After all, not everybody can see the past lives of people around them.

When she befriends Ben Daulton, resident new boy, the pair stumble on an old music box with instructions for “mesmerization” and discover they may have more in common than they thought. Like a past life.

Using the instructions in the music box, Ben and Jenny share a dream that transports them to Romanov Russia and leads them to believe they have been there together before. But they weren't alone. Nikolai, the mysterious young man Jenny has been seeing in her own dreams was there, too. When Nikolai appears next door, Jenny is forced to acknowledge that he has travelled through time and space to find her. Doing so means he has defied the laws of time, and the Order, an ominous organization tasked with keeping people in the correct time, is determined to send him back. 

While Ben, Jenny and Nikolai race against the clock - and the Order - Jenny and Nikolai discover a link that joins them in life - and beyond death.

That's it for me. Technically, I'm still on my mini break, but I will be posting again sometime this week! 

Also, check out my new story: the Privileged Select on Wattpad: http://wattpad.com/user/TheLovelyGrace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment