Wednesday 30 October 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Truth About Alice (#8)

16068341Synopsis (from Goodreads):


Everyone has a lot to say about Alice Franklin, and it’s stopped mattering whether it’s true. The rumors started at a party when Alice supposedly had sex with two guys in one night. When school starts everyone almost forgets about Alice until one of those guys, super-popular Brandon, dies in a car wreck that was allegedly all Alice’s fault. Now the only friend she has is a boy who may be the only other person who knows the truth, but is too afraid to admit it. Told from the perspectives of popular girl Elaine, football star Josh, former outcast Kelsie, and shy genius Kurt, we see how everyone has a motive to bring – and keep – Alice down



The Truth About Alice comes out next year but I JUST HAD TO (I really had to) have it on my blog! I mean, look how pretty the cover is...and how creepy and exciting the synopsis is as well!

First things first: YOU THINK THEY KILLED HER OR SOMETHING! The title and the synopsis screams "I killed Alice" but no, she doesn't die (although the end is quite ominous). It's a really interesting story about a girl who is the centre of attention- but not in a good way. She's the centre of the gossip because she apparently had sex with two guys in a party.

When I read that part of the synopsis, I thought of that girl from the East Coast that killed herself because she was bullied for having 'sex' with two guys. I really hope that Alice doesn't die in this story.

One thing that fascinates me is that this book isn't told from Alice's perspective, but from the people around her. I really can't wait to read this book!

Happy Wednesday guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment