Sunday 27 October 2013

I've Been Nominated!



I don't even know if this tag is going on anymore, but I was tagged by Emily from Forever Literary a while back! It's not even midterms yet, but I had (and still do) a lot of work that just didn't seem to end! I'm so behind, that I am only getting caught up with emails, tags, and reading (I am now 3 weeks behind schedule!). BUT enough of my rambling (I'll post a Blogger Life post soon). I am so honored to be nominated by Emily for the Libester Award! (You can check out her post here).

The rules for this award are simple:
  1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
  2. Answer the questions he or she posted.
  3. Nominate ten other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers and inform them of their nomination.
  4. Create a set of questions for those nominees to answer.
For more information on what this whole thing is about, click here! Now, here are my responses to Emily's questions! (Sorry in advance for my awful answers! I'm running on no sleep, caffine, and stress!).

1. What was your most recent read that taught you a lesson or made you think deeply about something?

I really wished you didn't ask me this question! You know that feeling when you think you've got the answer because you know the topic inside and out, but then just freeze last minute? Well, that's me right now trying to answer your question!

My most recent read was Yesterday by C.K Kelly Martin (my Canadian awesome possum moose), which is a dystopian/sci-fi read about a girl from 2063 sent back to 1985 Canada to live out her future? (Confusing, right? Well, hopefully my review on Tuesday will make it much clearer!). One thing that book taught me was that I really need to recycle more!

The whole reason why the main characters, Freya and Garren, were sent back in time were due to our very bad habit of polluting the earth and causing most of the earth to be uninhabitable. It made me sad to see that the people in the story were so desperate to stop things when such a bad situation was completely out of their hands. I was mad that the previous generations did nothing to stop pollution and unemployment and war, but it made me realize that the world the characters lived in were caused by us, people in our life time. It made me even sad knowing that we all might be living in the same conditions as the characters if we don't stop our polluting.

2. What was you number one goal going into blogging? Have you reached it yet?

Ironically enough, I started blogging to get my love of books and writing back. That was my number one goal: to rekindle my love for literature. I started my blog in August, and was fairly happy with it, but I still didn't fufill my goal. Until recently.

Back in September (LITERALLY a day before school started), my family and I had to deal with some difficult things. It was especially hard for me since I knew it stemmed from some bad decisions/choices that I made. I was ashamed, my family was shocked and we all had our world rocked from the truth. My family (especially my parents) have been able to recover, but I am still trying to find forgiveness for my actions and am still trying to live with the knowledge of what I did hurt my family so bad.

However, such a tramatuzing experience has rekindled my love for reading and writing, and having so many blogger friends with the same interest as me is so refreshing! (Seriously, most of my friends are the type of people to THROW AWAY books).

It's nice to read and write again- I've forgotten how much fun I had reading about different characters in different words with different backstories connect with me in unimaginable ways, and writing! Oh, how I missed writing! I missed making up fictional worlds where my characters don't have to worry about anything except for what I have in store for them next!

3. What do you look for in other blogs? Is there anything in particular that makes you want or not want to read a blog?

What I look for in other blogs is the reviews (because I'm always looking out for other books to add to my VERY LONG TBR pile) and the visual appeal. For me, I like seeing a blog with a nice format, and with nice colours that aren't to flashy/hurtful to the eye. And headers. I like a nice header. There's nothing in particular that will make me want to read/not read a blog, as long as the blogger is really nice, has nice reviews and will follow me on Twitter/and my blog. :D

4. How has blogging affected your reading habits?

Blogging hasn't really affected my reading habits, just my sleeping habits! I knew going into blogging that some bloggers have posts scheduled for the next YEAR but I never knew how organized one must be to have a blog with good quality. If anything, blogging has taught me how to read and get over my mourning period faster!

WHEW! Well, I'm glad that's over! Thank you to Emily for nominating me! And now, here are my nominee's!

  1. Erin @ Stealing Pages
  2. Sophia @ Loving Lit
  3. Alexandra @ Sleeps on Tables
  4. Christine @ Christiney Reads (Love your website btw, I really wish I had on like that!)
  5. Chrissi @ Chrissi Reads
  6. Jessica @ Just Another Teen Reading Books
  7. Jessica @ Reviews Abound
  8. My Spirit Animal @ Read Books and Live Green
  9. Matt @ That Crazy Fanboy
  10. Elena @ Brown Eyed Bookworm  
I am sorry if any of you guys have been nominated already, have 200 followers or over, and do not take any awards! I really didn't have any time to check if you guys have or have not have anything stated in the sentence above! (I'm realllly sleep right now guys!).

Now the questions:

1. What is one thing that you have discovered about yourself during your time as a blogger?

2. Have you had to make any sacrifices (so far) in the name of blogging?

3. How have you developed as a reader, writer and/or blogger?

4. What is one piece of advice that you would give to a younger, non-blogging version of yourself?

Have a goodmorning/afternoon/night :D

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha thank you for your compliment ><
    I just realized you mentioned that here when I was re-reading your post for the rules ^^

    ReplyDelete