Wednesday 18 September 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Where the Stars Still Shine (#4)



Wednesdays are my favourite time of the week because I can share with you the books that I am impatiently waiting for and DYING to read!

This week, I'm waiting for two books that I know will lead to days of crying and mourning: Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller (out September 24th) and All The Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry (out September 26th).

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Stolen as a child from her large and loving family, and on the run with her mom for more than ten years, Callie has only the barest idea of what normal life might be like. She's never had a home, never gone to school, and has gotten most of her meals from laundromat vending machines. Her dreams are haunted by memories she’d like to forget completely. But when Callie’s mom is finally arrested for kidnapping her, and Callie’s real dad whisks her back to what would have been her life, in a small town in Florida, Callie must find a way to leave the past behind. She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility.

Trish Doller writes incredibly real teens, and this searing story of love, betrayal, and how not to lose your mind will resonate with readers who want their stories gritty and utterly true







Synopsis (from Goodreads): Four years ago, Judith and her best friend disappeared from their small town of Roswell Station. Two years ago, only Judith returned, permanently mutilated, reviled and ignored by those who were once her friends and family. Unable to speak, Judith lives like a ghost in her own home, silently pouring out her thoughts to the boy who’s owned her heart as long as she can remember—even if he doesn’t know it—her childhood friend, Lucas. But when Roswell Station is attacked, long-buried secrets come to light, and Judith is forced to choose: continue to live in silence, or recover her voice, even if it means changing her world, and the lives around her, forever. This startlingly original novel will shock and disturb you; it will fill you with Judith’s passion and longing; and its mysteries will keep you feverishly turning the pages until the very last.
I am so excited, yet so scared to see how these books are just going to affect me emotionally.
 
After reading the synopsis of WTSSS, my heart broke into small little pieces. Imagine what will happen when I read it! I read a lot of non-spoliery reviews on Goodreads, and so far, the reception has been amazing! I am really curious to know why Callie's mom stole her away all those years ago.
 
As for ATTIM, no words can explain how creeped out I was when I read the synopsis for the first time. I mean, she was mutilated for the Doctor's Sake! And her friend never returned. I'm really excited to see how this story will play out...I probably will end up crying for months.
 
Well, that's it for me this Wednesday! And how did you guys think of United We Spy? Likes? Dislikes? Unpopular opinions? Tweet me at my twitter account: @missyallydums97 or leave a comment bellow!
 
Have a great day guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment