Wednesday 11 September 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: This Song Will Save Your Life (#3)

It's another Wednesday in September, but as I type this, I am currently melting in my chair.

For some reason, my part of Canada just happens to have 34 degree weather-and that's without the humidity! Now I know some of you guys are probably wondering why I'm complaining about nice summer weather, but to be honest with you heat + humidity + black uniform pants and a cotton polo shirt, then factor in a nearly thirty minute walk with a bag full of homework, 'summer weather' turns into a nightmare!

But other than that, I'm super excited for today's Waiting on Wednesday books, United We Spy by Ally Carter and This Song Will Save Your Life by Lelia Sales, both coming out on September 17th, 2013!
15777621



Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.

Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together







13580951

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

Cammie Morgan has lost her father and her memory, but in the heart-pounding conclusion to the best-selling Gallagher Girls series, she finds her greatest mission yet. Cammie and her friends finally know why the terrorist organization called the Circle of Cavan has been hunting her. Now the spy girls and Zach must track down the Circle’s elite members to stop them before they implement a master plan that will change Cammie—and her country—forever.



I've been picking up a lot of dysutopian and contemporary books lately that all tell a coming-of-age story. I guess it's because it sort of applies to what's going on in my life right now (aside from nearly DYING from the heat).

These two novels stand out for me. TSWSYL is a story that I can relate to in some ways, and while I found that my passion is more of the English than Music department, I find that using music to figure out who you are is inspirational, because I know people who found themselves in the Arts (or in other forms of expression) and they have just flourished and became their own.

And UWS is the 6th and final book in the Gallagher Girls series. *WAILS* I have been reading the Gallagher Girls since I was in the seventh grade, and now that the final book is coming out, the reality of me growing up is slowly hitting me (but not quite yet). I know very well that our Gallagher Girls in the UK have already gotten their paws on the book (I think) last week and have read the final book. There have been mixed reviews (you can't please everyone), but I have my faith in Ally. BUT IT'S THE LAST BOOK PART THAT MAKES ME SO UPSET! But in the words of the 11th Doctor:

Have a good Wednesday guys! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment